Rider's Realm

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  
RiderLeangle -- Oh hey, someone actually here
Mikain -- And now for something completely different! Someone to actually be here!
Mikain -- And now for something completely different! Someone to actually be here!
RiderLeangle -- I'd wonder how that even works then remembered how most of that site was rarely about the actual shows lol
ramos -- I go to a small g4 spinoff forum every once in awhile and I don't know how it's still alive.

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» SPokemon, The topic about Pokemon and stuff
RiderLeangle
 Posted: Oct 14 2010, 09:28 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Breakout Champion!
Tetris Champion!
Simon Champion!

Wait wait wait.. You've never played a Pokemon game before?! WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU MAN!?

Also it's probably going to be a while.. At least get something out now in the mean time. I just got SoulSilver for a birthday gift (Even though my parents gave it to me a few days early which is even better).

But yeah.. I go WAY back
user posted image

--------------------
PM
^
That Guy
 Posted: Oct 15 2010, 12:21 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (RiderLeangle @ Oct 14 2010, 10:28 PM)
Wait wait wait.. You've never played a Pokemon game before?! WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU MAN!

Nothing, I've just never played Pokemon. In Red/Green/Blue/Yellow/Gold/Silver/Crystal I didn't have a Game Boy, during Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/FireRed/LeafGreen I didn't get a GBA until near the end of its life and didn't have much interest, during Ruby/Sapphire/Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver I didn't have a DS until the DSi, and not much desire to play (started building during the pre-release to HG/SS), but I finally decided to succumb to the craze for Black and White. So yeah.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
^
RiderLeangle
 Posted: Oct 15 2010, 12:33 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

Breakout Champion!
Tetris Champion!
Simon Champion!

QUOTE (That Guy @ Oct 15 2010, 01:21 AM)
QUOTE (RiderLeangle @ Oct 14 2010, 10:28 PM)
Wait wait wait.. You've never played a Pokemon game before?! WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU MAN!

Nothing, I've just never played Pokemon. In Red/Green/Blue/Yellow/Gold/Silver/Crystal I didn't have a Game Boy, during Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/FireRed/LeafGreen I didn't get a GBA until near the end of its life and didn't have much interest, during Ruby/Sapphire/Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver I didn't have a DS until the DSi, and not much desire to play (started building during the pre-release to HG/SS), but I finally decided to succumb to the craze for Black and White. So yeah.

I still say that means something is wrong with you.. Never had a gameboy? Waited that long for a GBA? (Despite the fact by the time DS was out I still saw all the Generation 3 Pokemon games all the time until GBA games stopped being sold), Generation 4 you don't have an excuse tongue.gif
You got plenty of time to check that out before B/W and trust me.. 493 Pokemon are easier to learn than 649.. I don't even know all the B/W Pokemon yet (Then again I haven't really tried).
And ha ha! I got you beat, I got Red, Blue, Yellow, Silver, Emerald, FireRed, Diamond, Platinum and SoulSilver of the main series. tongue.gif

Also
QUOTE (That Guy @ Oct 15 2010, 01:21 AM)
Ruby/Sapphire/Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver

You mean Diamond/Pearl right? Ruby/Sapphire were GBA

Also also.. Completely unrelated to the rest of the post..
user posted image

user posted image

--------------------
PM
^
That Guy
 Posted: Oct 15 2010, 01:15 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

QUOTE (RiderLeangle @ Oct 15 2010, 01:33 AM)
I still say that means something is wrong with you.. Never had a gameboy? Waited that long for a GBA? (Despite the fact by the time DS was out I still saw all the Generation 3 Pokemon games all the time until GBA games stopped being sold), Generation 4 you don't have an excuse tongue.gif
You got plenty of time to check that out before B/W and trust me.. 493 Pokemon are easier to learn than 649.. I don't even know all the B/W Pokemon yet (Then again I haven't really tried).
And ha ha! I got you beat, I got Red, Blue, Yellow, Silver, Emerald, FireRed, Diamond, Platinum and SoulSilver of the main series. tongue.gif

I was bad at saving money as a kid and my parents wouldn't buy me video games. tongue.gif I watched the anime in its first year or two and was an avid collector of the cards before I just kinda lost interest in 2001 or so. The GBA SP was a gift when I was 14 or so. Whenever the DS was about to come out. Still had no interest in Pokemon until the DS generation, and then not enough interest to actually buy one of the games. So sue me. And while 493 may be easier than 649, 156 is easier than 493, since Black and White are mostly self-contained wink.gif . And I've got the Best Wishes anime to help me learn them. I am NOT gonna start the DP anime, that's 191 episodes I don't have time to marathon. 6_9

Yeah, I meant Diamond and Pearl. Derp. XP

--------------------
user posted image
^
RiderLeangle
 Posted: Oct 15 2010, 01:29 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

Breakout Champion!
Tetris Champion!
Simon Champion!

QUOTE (That Guy @ Oct 15 2010, 02:15 AM)
QUOTE (RiderLeangle @ Oct 15 2010, 01:33 AM)

I was bad at saving money as a kid and my parents wouldn't buy me video games. tongue.gif I watched the anime in its first year or two and was an avid collector of the cards before I just kinda lost interest in 2001 or so. The GBA SP was a gift when I was 14 or so. Whenever the DS was about to come out. Still had no interest in Pokemon until the DS generation, and then not enough interest to actually buy one of the games. So sue me. And while 493 may be easier than 649, 156 is easier than 493, since Black and White are mostly self-contained wink.gif . And I've got the Best Wishes anime to help me learn them. I am NOT gonna start the DP anime, that's 191 episodes I don't have time to marathon. 6_9

Yeah, I meant Diamond and Pearl. Derp. XP

You still don't have any excuse tongue.gif

I was just going to recommend Serebii or Bulbapedia

Yes.. Yes you did..

I guess semi related to the post?
user posted image

--------------------
PM
^
dorogon1
 Posted: Oct 15 2010, 03:20 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 5

Asteroids Champion!
Pacman Champion!

Pokemon Black and White Roms are out PM me if you want them.
PMEmail Poster
^
That Guy
 Posted: Oct 15 2010, 03:27 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Still had no interest in Pokemon until the DS generation, and then not enough interest to actually buy one of the games.

I think that's a pretty good excuse right there.

--------------------
user posted image
^
RiderLeangle
 Posted: Oct 15 2010, 03:37 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Breakout Champion!
Tetris Champion!
Simon Champion!

QUOTE (That Guy @ Oct 15 2010, 04:27 PM)
Still had no interest in Pokemon until the DS generation, and then not enough interest to actually buy one of the games.

I think that's a pretty good excuse right there.

I go back to my statement from earlier.. "What's wrong with ya'!?" not having interest? Blasphemy!

QUOTE (dorogon1 @ Oct 15 2010, 04:20 PM)
Pokemon Black and White Roms are out PM me if you want them.

Even if there is a translation patch out I always try playing the rom before it comes out here and never play it much. I guess because I like playing on the console and I don't have a flashcart and no hackers ever bothered to fully utilize the DSi so theres no backup loader..

--------------------
PM
^
That Guy
 Posted: Oct 16 2010, 01:01 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

QUOTE (RiderLeangle @ Oct 15 2010, 04:37 PM)
I go back to my statement from earlier.. "What's wrong with ya'!?" not having interest? Blasphemy!

Some people aren't interested in Pokemon. Deal with it. XP

--------------------
user posted image
^
RiderLeangle
 Posted: Oct 16 2010, 02:05 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

Breakout Champion!
Tetris Champion!
Simon Champion!

QUOTE (That Guy @ Oct 16 2010, 02:01 AM)

Wait.. Can those words be used in a sentence like that?..
I'd say it's like dividing by zero but then I remembered.. This is..
user posted image

--------------------
PM
^
MultiEthnic Siamese Doctor
 Posted: Oct 17 2010, 03:29 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2

Moon Lander Champion!

QUOTE (That Guy @ Oct 16 2010, 01:01 AM)

Correction:

all people are or were interested in Pokemon, unless you count those kids who grew up in those christian cults of the 90's who linked pokemon to killing cute fuzzy animals.

--------------------
PM
^
Supuhstar
 Posted: Nov 20 2010, 11:01 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 4

QUOTE (That Guy @ Oct 14 2010, 07:45 PM)
I even started watching the anime again

I wanna join you... Now I have something to do on Thanksgiving! XP
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahooMSN
^
RiderLeangle
 Posted: Nov 20 2010, 11:06 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Breakout Champion!
Tetris Champion!
Simon Champion!

I like the games but I haven't watched the Anime in years.. It's the same thing told slightly different each episode pretty much XD

--------------------
PM
^
That Guy
 Posted: Nov 23 2010, 08:12 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Oh no no no no. It's way different this season. Team Rocket is COMPETENT. Aside from that, yes, the series is rather formulaic, but then, so are Sentai and Kamen Rider. You wanna talk about the same thing happening each episode, look no further.

And Supuh: I can send you the files, but I was kinda planning to spend Thanksgiving break marathoning my backlog of other stuff and writing a paper.

--------------------
user posted image
^
RiderLeangle
 Posted: Nov 23 2010, 01:28 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Breakout Champion!
Tetris Champion!
Simon Champion!

QUOTE (That Guy @ Nov 23 2010, 09:12 AM)
Oh no no no no. It's way different this season. Team Rocket is COMPETENT.

What? Do they actually catch Pikachu for like 2 minutes before being stopped?
If so... It's been like that for a while.. Since before I stopped watching XD

--------------------
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 3  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll