Rider's Realm

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  
That Guy -- Yo Leangle, where are you hanging out these days? Join the IRC some weekend, we need to catch up.
RiderLeangle -- Oh wow, that is a throwback
That Guy -- Oh man I found this site in the bookmarks of my old google account and maaaaaaaan this takes me back. And yet I forgot we were actually using this place that recently. Current date is 19 March 2018.
RiderLeangle -- Oh hey, someone actually here
Mikain -- And now for something completely different! Someone to actually be here!

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» Kamen Rider OOO: Comprehensive Guide, 2010-2011 Kamen Rider
That Guy
 Posted: Oct 11 2010, 04:57 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

INTRODUCTION
So, it's a new fall, which means a new Kamen Rider. If you thought the mix-and-match of last year's Kamen Rider W was over the top, wait until you see Kamen Rider OOO (that's pronounced the "Os" like "Cheerios", or as in "His name has 3 O's").

Here is the opening theme for the show, "Anything Goes!".

Kamen Rider OOO
Hino Eiji is a wanderer. He's traveled the globe and has little in the way of personal possessions besides a little change and a tomorrow's underwear. His past is mysterious, but we know he was present at an explosion in a village he once visited and wasn't able to save anybody. Since then he has made it his goal to put aside selfish desires and help everybody. When the mysterious Greeed Ankh gives him the OOO Driver, he is able to transform into Kamen Rider OOO.
COMBOS AND FORMS
Hino Eiji, or Kamen Rider OOO, is defined by his ability to mix-and-match. His belt takes 3 medals to henshin, which relate to part of his body. Head, arms, and legs. Each medal is animal-themed and has certain powers thematically related to that animal. He has seven sets of medals to choose between that he collects throughout the show. Each full set makes a Combo, and any partial change between Combos is a Form.

TaToBa Form

He switches to TakaKiriBa Form for the finisher.

GataKiriBa Combo

RaToraTah Combo

SaGoZou Combo

TaJaDoru Combo

NAMING CONVENTIONS
This is a list of the full Combos OOO can use in order of appearance and their component medals.
GataKiriBa (insects): Kuwagata=stag beetle, Kamakiri=mantis, Batta=grasshopper
RaToraTah (big cats): Raion=lion, Tora=tiger, Chiitaa=cheetah
SaGoZou (heavy animals): Sai=rhinoceros, Gorira=gorilla, Zou=elephant
TaJaDoru (birds): Taka=hawk, Kujaku=peacock, Kondoru=condor
ShaUTa (aquatic animals): Shachi=orca, Unagiri=eel, Tako=octopus
BuraKaWani (reptiles): Kobura=cobra, Kame=turtle, Wani=crocodile
PuToTerano (dinosaurs): Putera=pterodactyl, Torikera=triceratops, Terano=tyrannosaurus rex
With the exception of TaToBa form, all partial forms use the abbreviations listed above for their form name.

Kamen Rider Birth
Date Akira is another dude we don't know much about, but his motives are pretty clear-cut. He wants to collect 100 million yen to pay for something, and so he agreed to use Dr. Maki's new Birth system to collect enough cell medals to equal that amount, measured roughly by the capacity of an old milk can he carries around with him. He's a very confident man, bordering on dickishness and often crossing the line into it. Unlike Eiji, who traveled the world of his own volition, Date has apparently been all over the world because of work.

The Birth system is powered by Cell Medals. As demonstrated in this video, he can activate several armaments: the Drill Arm, the Crane Arm, the Shovel Arm, the Caterpillar Leg, and the Breast Cannon, as well as using his powerful Birth Buster.

GREEED AND YUMMIES
The enemy generals known as Greeed (3 "e"s to match OOO) are the source of the medals OOO uses to henshin. They have 9 core medals each, 3 sets of the 3 listed above, and their bodies are made up of gray, mostly powerless versions of those same medals known as Cell Medals. They burn through Cell Medals in order to survive, so they create monsters called Yummies to feed off of human desire and create more Cell Medals for them. There are 5 Greeed right now: Ankh (the hand in the videos), Uva, Kazari, Mezool, and Gamel. Respectively, they're the bird, insect, cat, aquatic, and heavy animal Greeed. Ankh is the trickster/traitor of the Greeed, being the one who stole several of the others' Core Medals. He also has the fewest of his own Core Medals of the lot, with only 2 Taka medals, one of which he lets OOO use, and a handful of cell medals, which is why he's just an arm. He possesses a human for convenience.

MUSIC
"Anything Goes" by Maki Ohguro (Opening theme)
Here's the PV, no embeddable version available

"Regret nothing~Tighten Up~" by Watanabe Shu (Hino Eiji) (TaToBa's theme)

"Got to keep it real" by Watanabe Shu (GataKiriBa's Theme)

"Ride on Right time" by Watanabe Shu (RaToraTah's Theme)

"Sun goes up" by Watanabe Shu (SaGoZou's theme)

"Time Judged All" by Watanabe Shu and Miura Ryousuke (Ankh) (TaJaDor's theme)
Currently the only available version of this song is the version you hear in the SaGoZou video above.

NOTE: All the rapping in the battle themes is done by Kushida Akira and the titles are meant to sound like their form name.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
^
KingOOO
 Posted: Oct 13 2010, 11:30 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 16

Snake Champion!
Hexxagon Champion!

Meh, I think Cheetah is best.

Also, remember to stand far away from the TV when watching OOO. And in a brightly lit room.
PM
^
KingOOO
 Posted: Nov 5 2010, 07:07 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Snake Champion!
Hexxagon Champion!

Yellow Combo=epic
PM
^
That Guy
 Posted: Nov 5 2010, 07:57 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Speaking of RaToraTa, I've added it to the first post.

--------------------
user posted image
^
That Guy
 Posted: Dec 11 2010, 12:36 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

I've overhauled the first post and added SaGoZou Combo and all the theme songs.

--------------------
user posted image
^
KingOOO
 Posted: Dec 11 2010, 11:07 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Snake Champion!
Hexxagon Champion!

Loving the show so far, and things are really picking up, I wonder what Maaki's medal system is, and if he'll let Goto use it.

EDIT: Also, http://www.jpopasia.com/play/31931/maki-oh...thing-goes.html
PM
^
That Guy
 Posted: Dec 16 2010, 08:16 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

It's called the Birth Driver, it uses cell medals to allow the user to transform into Kamen Rider Birth. He's been seen in the trailers for Movie War Core, so he probably debuts there. Or he just cameos and gets a formal introduction in the series. We'll see. Rumor mill is that Gotou uses it, but we don't know for certain, I don't believe. I'm behind on my spoilers. Also upcoming soon is TaJaDoru form, according to scans. Probably the FangJoker of the show.

And thanks for the vid.

--------------------
user posted image
^
KingOOO
 Posted: Dec 20 2010, 07:06 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Snake Champion!
Hexxagon Champion!

either him or Kazari.
PM
^
KingOOO
 Posted: Jan 28 2011, 12:18 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Snake Champion!
Hexxagon Champion!

wow....Ankh's combo is in the NEXT EPISODE!

and holy s**t Kazari looks strong.
PM
^
That Guy
 Posted: Jan 28 2011, 03:21 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Yep, TaJaDor(u) appears next episode. Awesome stuff.
Conspiracy theory: The fact that Ankh's full combo looks different than when the parts are in other combos reaffirms the notion that he's not a normal Greeed.

Also, I'm debating the romanization of the Greeed's names. Toei is having one of those years where they suck at English which kinda discredits their romanizations for less obvious things like the Greeed's names.
RaToraTa: Officially romanized LaToraTar. La for lion makes sense, but Cheetah is officially spelled Cheertar.
SaGoZo: Officially spelled SaGohZo. Man, I love the gohrilla, don't you?
TaJaDoru: Officially romanized as TaJyaDol. Kujyaku is an acceptable (though odd) romanization of peafowl, but I've never heard of a condol.
That said, the romanization of the Greeed's names used in Over-Time's subs are Cazali and Mezul instead of Kazari and Mezool. Pick your favorite, because Toei is not going to be helpful here.

Oh yeah, and KR Birth is in the show now. I should go get some videos of him and his craziness. If any of you ever watched Tomica Hero Rescue Force, Birth is played by R5's actor. The characters, not the stuntmen. Although it looks like Gotou's gonna get Birth in the next episode. Here's hoping Birth is NOT the new IXA.

--------------------
user posted image
^
That Guy
 Posted: Feb 1 2011, 03:17 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

First post updated with TaJaDoru and Birth.

--------------------
user posted image
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll